Various Artists Solid Steel Presents DJ Food & DK: Now, Listen Again!
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Ninja Tune
British collective DJ Food originally made its name in the '90s by providing selectors with tasty breaks, but the tables have turned in the new millennium. On their latest, the crew joins forces with fellow Brit DK for the genre-melting mix Now, Listen Again! Sure, they often employ the familiar mash-up method of mixing, though this party-to-go is far-reaching enough to not sound trite. When not giving Eric B & Rakim classics a Timbaland makeover and vice-versa, DJ Food and DK manipulate instrumentals by New Order or just let reggae riddims ride. As much music as they take on, it's dumbfounding how seamless this mix truly is.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player