Various Artists Spectral Sound v.1
- Words: Ben Bush
- Label: Spectral
As a home listening experience, the first disc of Spectral‘s label sampler is blandly repetitive-these cuts are clearly intended as tools to be placed in the hands of a DJ and used to good effect. Ryan Elliott ably illustrates this point on the second disc, where he remixes 33 tracks from the Ghostly subsidiary. While the unmixed tracks seem to go in endless circles, they gain a sense of direction in the context of Elliott‘s set, which makes beats more intricate by layering them, then sullying them with indecipherable vocal samples. Put together, Spectral Sound v.1 is an instructional jockey kit.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player