Various Artists Spire: Organ Works Past Present & Future
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Touch
If the organ is most often associated with Gothic environs and baroque Christian arrangements, Touch has done a superb job at getting to the, erm, spirit of the instrument. Losing gratuitous ornamentation, the likes of Philip Jeck, Fennesz (with Sparklehorses's Scott Minor), Oren Ambarchi and Biosphere alternate between towering, overblown drones and celestial glissandos. And yet, despite losing such overt religious trappings, the instrument still can't help but suggest the all-powerful. Spire's well named, then.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player