Various Artists Spire: Organ Works Past Present & Future
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Touch
If the organ is most often associated with Gothic environs and baroque Christian arrangements, Touch has done a superb job at getting to the, erm, spirit of the instrument. Losing gratuitous ornamentation, the likes of Philip Jeck, Fennesz (with Sparklehorses's Scott Minor), Oren Ambarchi and Biosphere alternate between towering, overblown drones and celestial glissandos. And yet, despite losing such overt religious trappings, the instrument still can't help but suggest the all-powerful. Spire's well named, then.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player