Various Artists Sportler Of The Year Vol. 1
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Dekathalon
People think that Har Mar Superstar, Felix Da Housecat and Princess Superstar are sleazy, but I say the Dekathalon Records camp has got them beat. They serve up really severe German electro shit that you can imagine yourself hearing in a sweaty S&M basement. Anyone can rap about screwing or snorting, but when Gater proclaims "I like to do it with my friend/sometimes we videotape it/ then we watch it and do it again" over the proto-acid house/industrial beats of "Taboo," it's so feral you can feel your palms getting sweaty. Generation Aldi, Zombie Nation and My Robot Friend get similarly nasty, making Sportler of the Year not only a good introduction to Dekathalon's artists, but a perfect antidote to the sea of paint-by-numbers electroclash.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player