Various Artists Stereo Pictures Vol. 3: DJ Vadim
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Jazz Fudge
Russian expatriate DJ Vadim has made quite a name for himself carving out sludgy, slo-mo beatscapes-imagine your Walkman playing Tribe on low batteries. And his attention to life's minutiae (creaking doors, honking horns) has made for some unorthodox, if not mesmerizing, listening experiences. On Stereo Pictures Vol. 3, a 23-song comp co-presented by France's MK2 cinema group, Vadim pays homage to his forebears and his followers. Solo Los Solo, Mr. Scruff, DJ Shadow and Gotan Project all make appearances (but where's DJ Krush?), while new Vadim interludes finish putting that ass to sleep. Those with A.D.D. or fans of M.O.P. need not apply.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player