Various Artists Studio X-2
- Words: John Dark
- Label: Good Looking
Studio X-2 is a gathering of the newest producers on LTJ Bukem's fabled Good Looking imprint. Yet it could easily be a gathering of old producers, because the airy, synthetic jazz & bass served up here hasn't changed much since Bukem pioneered the style in the mid-'90s. At best, these songs display clever tinkering with breakbeats (Alex DB's "Aurora Boreal," "Track 9"); at worst, this is smooth jazz hour at the local public library (Nu Moon's "Too Right" and Track 7). Thankfully, there's something that saves Studio X-2: six remixes at the end-from the likes of established producers Carlito, Danny C, and John B-add much-needed dancefloor weight by way of chunkier breaks and syrupy sub-bass.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player