Various Artists Swearhead Presents: Volume 1
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Swear
Once upon a time in a city called London, a shoe company named Swear decided to compile a CD of songs that people in their store frequently inquired about and distribute it, free of charge, to all of their customers. It's a cool idea-you've certainly got to appreciate music to entertain such an endeavor. And the compilation is even better: top-notch downtempo acts like the Sofa Surfers slip between underground hip-hop talent like Subchronicles, lesser-known worldbeat producers Hipnotica, and melancholic, strangely moving pieces like "Increasing The Gravity" by Beyond Dawn, which sounds like rock music in a restless, wandering sort of mood.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player