Various Artists Swearhead Presents: Volume 1
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Swear
Once upon a time in a city called London, a shoe company named Swear decided to compile a CD of songs that people in their store frequently inquired about and distribute it, free of charge, to all of their customers. It's a cool idea-you've certainly got to appreciate music to entertain such an endeavor. And the compilation is even better: top-notch downtempo acts like the Sofa Surfers slip between underground hip-hop talent like Subchronicles, lesser-known worldbeat producers Hipnotica, and melancholic, strangely moving pieces like "Increasing The Gravity" by Beyond Dawn, which sounds like rock music in a restless, wandering sort of mood.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player