Various Artists Techno Division Vol. 4: Mixed By Chris Liebing
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: U60311
This double-disc mix from a most proficient techno turntablist rouses quite a squall, especially on disc two, which reminisces the deeply beatless yet unrelenting uteri pound of a Jeff Mills track: bottomless, rich, textured, ingressive. The proponents of overly proscribed minimalism that currently holds court over listeners and critics could learn a great deal from the acutely improvisational techniques of these pulsating oscillators. Track selections include Wink, Villalobos, Liebing and Dear, and all are perfectly subterranean.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player