Various Artists Tectonic Plates
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Tectonic
Bristol's Tectonic dubstep label brings fans a tale of two sounds on two discs. Compiled singles by staple artists like MRK1, Pinch, Loefah, Cyrus, and Omen are alternately sparse and restrained, manic and bombastic. Disc One of the set offers individual tracks, while the other is a seamless mix with only a few repeats. DQ1's wobbly soundclash-inspired hit "Wear the Crown" and Digital Mystikz's bleak "Molten" hold it down for the minimal steppers, while Omen's "Full Metal Jacket" and Vex'd give you a dose of dutty subs. Everybody dance the Earthquake.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player