Various Artists Teeth
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Statler & Waldorf
So many words, inked and verbalized, preciously trace the influence of hip-hop upon electronics, particularly in IDM. Here this Danish label drums up a less-than-fresh concept record of IDM artists presenting their take on hip-hop. But with the recent genius explosion of creative ingenuity in hip-hop-crunk, grime, ragga and their superproducer counterparts-what precisely makes a hip-hop record? With some exceptions (i.e.: Tilliander, Melk), most contributions sashay past this quagmire wearing nothing but their slickly processed Mo‘ Wax retreads.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player