Various Artists Teeth
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Statler & Waldorf
So many words, inked and verbalized, preciously trace the influence of hip-hop upon electronics, particularly in IDM. Here this Danish label drums up a less-than-fresh concept record of IDM artists presenting their take on hip-hop. But with the recent genius explosion of creative ingenuity in hip-hop-crunk, grime, ragga and their superproducer counterparts-what precisely makes a hip-hop record? With some exceptions (i.e.: Tilliander, Melk), most contributions sashay past this quagmire wearing nothing but their slickly processed Mo‘ Wax retreads.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player