Various Artists Teeth
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Statler & Waldorf
So many words, inked and verbalized, preciously trace the influence of hip-hop upon electronics, particularly in IDM. Here this Danish label drums up a less-than-fresh concept record of IDM artists presenting their take on hip-hop. But with the recent genius explosion of creative ingenuity in hip-hop-crunk, grime, ragga and their superproducer counterparts-what precisely makes a hip-hop record? With some exceptions (i.e.: Tilliander, Melk), most contributions sashay past this quagmire wearing nothing but their slickly processed Mo‘ Wax retreads.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player