Various Artists Teeth
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Statler & Waldorf
So many words, inked and verbalized, preciously trace the influence of hip-hop upon electronics, particularly in IDM. Here this Danish label drums up a less-than-fresh concept record of IDM artists presenting their take on hip-hop. But with the recent genius explosion of creative ingenuity in hip-hop-crunk, grime, ragga and their superproducer counterparts-what precisely makes a hip-hop record? With some exceptions (i.e.: Tilliander, Melk), most contributions sashay past this quagmire wearing nothing but their slickly processed Mo‘ Wax retreads.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player