Various Artists Telefon Tel Aviv: Remixes Compiled
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Hefty
You don't have to like New Orleans-based duo Telefon Tel Aviv, or the artists they've remixed over the last seven years, to like this compilation-each song here sounds less like one or the other, and more like a new beast. However, hardcore followers of Charles Cooper and Joshua Eustis might notice their dense, trippy style everywhere: Nine Inch Nails' "Even Deeper," John Hughes III' "Got Me Lost/Driving in L.A.," and Apparat's "Komponent" are reason enough to buy. Others, like a Bebel Gilberto version, approach Café Del Mar-style anonymity. But generally, TTA's production imparts a night-blooming, wide-eyed shine that can make anything, even indie mopers American Analog Set, unbelievably sexy.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player