Various Artists The Third Unheard
- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Stones Throw
Connecticut. The state hasn't been known as a hip-hop hotbed, and is often considered a suburb of New York at best. This compilation should change your mind. First things first: This is old-school music, spanning from 1979 to 1983, and the production reflects that. With plenty of classic grooves replayed by a house band, Sugarhill-style, this will sound at once familiar and brand new. More than that, though, it sounds fun. CT linchpin Mr. Magic's "Earth Break" is a terrific party cut, while his collaboration with the Positive Choice Band, "2001 Kazoos," is a certifiable roller-rink banger. Throw on your bell-bottom Lee suit and give CT its due, y'all. And enjoy yourself while you're at it.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player