Various Artists Tiga: DJ Kicks
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: !K7
Equally adored and maligned for his remake of Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night," fellow Canadian Tiga is very much of this moment, what with his unrepentant affection for all things '80s. His devotion to artificial fabrics and doughy skin has even made him the kind of International Pop star Fischerspooner so dream of being. Here, although he shows some nice handling of the ones and twos and though he does include some solid tunes (DFA's mad remix of Le Tigre's dyke-punk anthem "Deceptacon" and Soft Cell's "So" come to mind), the guy just seems like he could use some time outside the '80s vacuum. It just seems like it'd be healthy. And a bit less constricting.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player