Various Artists Tiga: DJ Kicks
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: !K7
Equally adored and maligned for his remake of Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night," fellow Canadian Tiga is very much of this moment, what with his unrepentant affection for all things '80s. His devotion to artificial fabrics and doughy skin has even made him the kind of International Pop star Fischerspooner so dream of being. Here, although he shows some nice handling of the ones and twos and though he does include some solid tunes (DFA's mad remix of Le Tigre's dyke-punk anthem "Deceptacon" and Soft Cell's "So" come to mind), the guy just seems like he could use some time outside the '80s vacuum. It just seems like it'd be healthy. And a bit less constricting.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player