Various Artists Tiga: DJ Kicks
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: !K7
Equally adored and maligned for his remake of Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night," fellow Canadian Tiga is very much of this moment, what with his unrepentant affection for all things '80s. His devotion to artificial fabrics and doughy skin has even made him the kind of International Pop star Fischerspooner so dream of being. Here, although he shows some nice handling of the ones and twos and though he does include some solid tunes (DFA's mad remix of Le Tigre's dyke-punk anthem "Deceptacon" and Soft Cell's "So" come to mind), the guy just seems like he could use some time outside the '80s vacuum. It just seems like it'd be healthy. And a bit less constricting.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- PodcastGunnar Haslam
XLR8R Downloads Player