Various Artists Tigerbeat6 Presents Tigerbass Vol. 1
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Tigerbass
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Much like their counterparts from Trouble & Bass, Tigerbass makes its home where the sounds of old-school rave, hard-edged techno, and bass-heavy electro collide. The son of Tigerbeat’s first compilation is loaded with tracks that literally assault the dancefloor—there’s certainly nothing subtle about the speaker-rattling bass thump and ear-splitting synths of songs like Genuine Guy’s “Bad People Get Laid” or Dolby Anol’s “Heil Mary.” Black Rabbit’s “1992” is a punishing tribute to the days of rave gone by, while “Canteloupe” demonstrates C.L.A.W.S.‘ unquestionable love of squelchy acid house. Although Tigerbass Vol. 1 rarely takes its foot off the throttle, the ride is well worth taking. Think of it as new rave, minus the embarrassing parts.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player