Various Artists Tigerbeat6 Presents Tigerbass Vol. 1
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Tigerbass
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Much like their counterparts from Trouble & Bass, Tigerbass makes its home where the sounds of old-school rave, hard-edged techno, and bass-heavy electro collide. The son of Tigerbeat’s first compilation is loaded with tracks that literally assault the dancefloor—there’s certainly nothing subtle about the speaker-rattling bass thump and ear-splitting synths of songs like Genuine Guy’s “Bad People Get Laid” or Dolby Anol’s “Heil Mary.” Black Rabbit’s “1992” is a punishing tribute to the days of rave gone by, while “Canteloupe” demonstrates C.L.A.W.S.‘ unquestionable love of squelchy acid house. Although Tigerbass Vol. 1 rarely takes its foot off the throttle, the ride is well worth taking. Think of it as new rave, minus the embarrassing parts.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player