Various Artists Total Science Presents Breakbeat Science Exercise 6
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Breakbeat Science
It's refreshing just how low-key D&B heads are about being the best in the world at what they do. You'll never hear "Richie Hawtin, worldwide!" booming over an intro (or will you?), as Total Science does here, along with some blabber about the dawn of time and being a ninja. This may be their first Stateside release, but Science's Q Project and Spinbad have brought bad tunes to our country's dancefloors for a minute, and they excel at it. Exercise 6 is fun, but loaded with piston-pumping sounds like "Going in Circles" and "Squash," it rarely takes a breather.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player