Various Artists Total Science Presents Breakbeat Science Exercise 6
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Breakbeat Science
It's refreshing just how low-key D&B heads are about being the best in the world at what they do. You'll never hear "Richie Hawtin, worldwide!" booming over an intro (or will you?), as Total Science does here, along with some blabber about the dawn of time and being a ninja. This may be their first Stateside release, but Science's Q Project and Spinbad have brought bad tunes to our country's dancefloors for a minute, and they excel at it. Exercise 6 is fun, but loaded with piston-pumping sounds like "Going in Circles" and "Squash," it rarely takes a breather.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player