Various Artists Total Science Presents Breakbeat Science Exercise 6
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Breakbeat Science
It's refreshing just how low-key D&B heads are about being the best in the world at what they do. You'll never hear "Richie Hawtin, worldwide!" booming over an intro (or will you?), as Total Science does here, along with some blabber about the dawn of time and being a ninja. This may be their first Stateside release, but Science's Q Project and Spinbad have brought bad tunes to our country's dancefloors for a minute, and they excel at it. Exercise 6 is fun, but loaded with piston-pumping sounds like "Going in Circles" and "Squash," it rarely takes a breather.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player