Various Artists Transatlantic Bass: The Mutated Sound Of American Breakbeat & Garage
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: Urban Renewal
Tough, heavy and deep-apparently, this is what makes breakbeat and garage distinctly American. Forget the fluffy, poppy two-step from the UK-this first release from the Urban Renewal label gathers only the dark stuff from around the country (and one from our friendly neighbors up north), the stuff more influenced by the likes of gritty acts like Zed Bias and Stanton Warriors than pop-garage wannabes Trusteppers featuring Victoria Beckham. All densely packed layers of bass, complicated breaks and sharp snares, Transatlantic Bass is nicely mixed by DJ Cooper, who maintains the album's raw, gritty feel throughout.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player