Various Artists Transcendances: New Sound Patterns
- Words: Mike Battaglia
- Label: Groovement
From Portugal comes this broken beat/future jazz compilation, combining older jams with a host of new and exclusive bits from card-carrying heads the likes of Domu and Moonstarr. The latter bursts forth with "Don't Sweat It," a West London-meets-Detroit roller that syncopates in all the right places, while the former, here in his Zoltar guise, works a wonky, nu-funk killer that stands out despite solid broken debuts from Portuguese artists Kasper vs JackZen and The Fisherman. Though it kicks off with a few too-limp tunes to make an impact, once it gets going Transcendances comes out a winner.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player