Various Artists Twilight Circus Dub Soundsystem Remixed: Dubwise
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: M
Truly great dub highlights sonic elements you may have missed in the original mix, giving the tune an all-new feel. Twilight Circus release their reels to heavyweight producers and, in return, receive modern masterpieces. While Vibronics, Disciples, Mad Professor and Manasseh offer more traditional treatments, G-Corp changes half-time to double-time behind Big Youth on "Love Is What We Need" and Rob Smith does the same on "No Burial," giving Michael Rose's plaintive wail a lively up-tempo backdrop. But the real standout is Zion Train's digital roots dub of "What We Got To Do" that takes the original to stellar heights.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player