Various Artists Twilight Circus Dub Soundsystem Remixed: Dubwise
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: M
Truly great dub highlights sonic elements you may have missed in the original mix, giving the tune an all-new feel. Twilight Circus release their reels to heavyweight producers and, in return, receive modern masterpieces. While Vibronics, Disciples, Mad Professor and Manasseh offer more traditional treatments, G-Corp changes half-time to double-time behind Big Youth on "Love Is What We Need" and Rob Smith does the same on "No Burial," giving Michael Rose's plaintive wail a lively up-tempo backdrop. But the real standout is Zion Train's digital roots dub of "What We Got To Do" that takes the original to stellar heights.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player