Various Artists Under the Influence: Mixed by Rob Swift
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Six Degrees
Hot off his acclaimed solo Sound Event, X-ecutioner Rob Swift proves that he holds a PhD in crate digging and selection with his volume of the Under the Influence series. Swift adds his personal touch by stitching early hip-hop, funk and soul together with his own scratches. Under the Influence opens with a flurry of snippets before working into the meatier tracks from the likes of Marley Marl and DJ Quick. By the end, Swift confidently drops his own track and closes with two salsa joints set to boombastic beats, completing the kind of narrative that evades lesser DJs.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player