Various Artists Off The Wall: 10 Years Of Wall Of Sound
- Words: Margaret Murray
- Label: Wall of Sound
Diverse British hip-hop/breaks/dance label Wall of Sound's sensibility has always bordered on giddily schizophrenic, and Off the Wall has eccentricity in spades. By culling tracks from a list of artists nurtured over the label's 10-year history, mother hen and tastemaker Mark Jones fashions these two discs into one big happy dance party, where longtime WOS contributors like cinematic trip-hoppers Propellerheads and Norwegian chart toppers Ràyksopp frog march over the likes of electro-pop punster Les Rythmes Digitales and loveable Citro‘n shillers the Bees. The second CD, mixed by Alex Gifford, is a gem, featuring rare banging remixes from Ashley Beedle, X-Press 2, and Jon Carter. Chock full of bombastic label hits, arranged to make the most of the imprint's unconventional cast members, Off the Wall is a must-have look back.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player