Various Artists We Bore 2
- Words: John Dark
- Label: Toast and Jam
Seattle's irreverent Toast and Jam came up with the mandate for this compilation, asking artists to reinvent songs they couldn't stand as tracks they actually liked. Certain people will prefer Britney Spears' sugar-coated "Baby One More Time" and Madonna's saucy "Vogue" to the eardrum cut 'n' paste ping-pong of Edward Coli's "Object [...] Object." Some may say classic rock standard "House of the Rising Son" is maligned by the five-minute feedback drone Jansky Noise presents as a remix. But there's amusement to be had listening to the Emanon's sutured techno polka version of the Happy Days theme and the Square Root of Evil's drum 'n' crash send-up of Nelly's "Hot in Herre." We Bore 2 is many things-snide, loveable, at times ear-shattering-but it's never boring.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player