Various Artists We Bore 2
- Words: John Dark
- Label: Toast and Jam
Seattle's irreverent Toast and Jam came up with the mandate for this compilation, asking artists to reinvent songs they couldn't stand as tracks they actually liked. Certain people will prefer Britney Spears' sugar-coated "Baby One More Time" and Madonna's saucy "Vogue" to the eardrum cut 'n' paste ping-pong of Edward Coli's "Object [...] Object." Some may say classic rock standard "House of the Rising Son" is maligned by the five-minute feedback drone Jansky Noise presents as a remix. But there's amusement to be had listening to the Emanon's sutured techno polka version of the Happy Days theme and the Square Root of Evil's drum 'n' crash send-up of Nelly's "Hot in Herre." We Bore 2 is many things-snide, loveable, at times ear-shattering-but it's never boring.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player