Various Artists We Bore 2
- Words: John Dark
- Label: Toast and Jam
Seattle's irreverent Toast and Jam came up with the mandate for this compilation, asking artists to reinvent songs they couldn't stand as tracks they actually liked. Certain people will prefer Britney Spears' sugar-coated "Baby One More Time" and Madonna's saucy "Vogue" to the eardrum cut 'n' paste ping-pong of Edward Coli's "Object [...] Object." Some may say classic rock standard "House of the Rising Son" is maligned by the five-minute feedback drone Jansky Noise presents as a remix. But there's amusement to be had listening to the Emanon's sutured techno polka version of the Happy Days theme and the Square Root of Evil's drum 'n' crash send-up of Nelly's "Hot in Herre." We Bore 2 is many things-snide, loveable, at times ear-shattering-but it's never boring.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player