Various Artists Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Klangkrieg
The 15 tracks on this album derive out of an intro, a way-too-long snippet announcing a fictitious contest to compose music for a new game show. The resulting tracks-contributed by Panacea, Jayrope and Echokrank, among others-sound like the unfortunate result of the popularization of home studios. They're largely unimaginative and most of them sample the phrase "who wants to be a millionaire," creating a crop of pretentious pseudo-statements on money and entertainment. You probably know a 12-year-old who can do better.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player