Various Artists Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Klangkrieg
The 15 tracks on this album derive out of an intro, a way-too-long snippet announcing a fictitious contest to compose music for a new game show. The resulting tracks-contributed by Panacea, Jayrope and Echokrank, among others-sound like the unfortunate result of the popularization of home studios. They're largely unimaginative and most of them sample the phrase "who wants to be a millionaire," creating a crop of pretentious pseudo-statements on money and entertainment. You probably know a 12-year-old who can do better.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player