Various Artists Wired Ones
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Wired
Over the past few years, a bustling, early-'90s female electro revival has emerged from the underground school of Peaches and Le Tigre. Wired Ones represents the most recent graduates from this once exclusive scene. Featuring a host of ironically sexual, aerobics-class hits from new schoolers like Scream Club, Dynasty Handbag, and Angie Reed, each retro jam reflects a certain electro-feminine experience of music. While it's politically challenging, few tracks live up to the message. You can only hear so many lo-fi beats and allusions to Sparks and boobs before you start longing for the days of Peaches' first record.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player