Various Artists Ye Olde Barn
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Addict
Full disclosure: this reviewer is originally from Wisconsin, and there is no f**cking way he's fair, because he loves Dan Doormouse, and Addict is Doormouse's label. Intelligent folks who grow up in the decaying Great Lakes rust belts are punk rock before they ever hear Fugazi and experimental way before they've seen their first Stan Brakhage film. They beautifully translate this unhinged wrath into luminous and humorous experimental noise, called breakcore, and it couldn't be more finely represented than it is here on Ye Olde Barn. You suckers can buy your way a little bit closer to the exotic Wisconsin species by picking up this ass-kicking compilation.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player