Various Artists Ye Olde Barn
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Addict
Full disclosure: this reviewer is originally from Wisconsin, and there is no f**cking way he's fair, because he loves Dan Doormouse, and Addict is Doormouse's label. Intelligent folks who grow up in the decaying Great Lakes rust belts are punk rock before they ever hear Fugazi and experimental way before they've seen their first Stan Brakhage film. They beautifully translate this unhinged wrath into luminous and humorous experimental noise, called breakcore, and it couldn't be more finely represented than it is here on Ye Olde Barn. You suckers can buy your way a little bit closer to the exotic Wisconsin species by picking up this ass-kicking compilation.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player