Various Production Versus
- Words: Brandon Ivers
- Label: Various Production
Trolling along the outskirts of dubstep and grime since 2003, Various Production is about as close to a modern-day Omni Trio as anyone else is gonna get. It’s not just the jazzy influences, big vocals, and careful distancing from the track-a-week producer grind, either–like Rob Haigh, the Various Production guys are older, wiser, and a little more talented than your average FruityLoops jock. As such, Various pulls some nice tricks on remixes like Foals’ “Red Sox,” which re-imagines the former math rockers into an odd hybrid of Bloc Party, Burial, and The Cure. And since this is also a versus album, young bloods like Zomby turn in fantastically drastic reworks, like giving Various’ own “Haters,” a dose of bizarre 8-bit bounce.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
XLR8R Downloads Player