Various All Tomorrows Parties 3.02
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Touch & Go
If Car & Driver magazine were to commission a compilation of electronic compositions, they would need to look no further than this comp to know the work's already done. Primarily comprising exclusive material curated by post-electro reconstructuralists Autechre, much of ATP 3.02-including tracks by Public Enemy, Anthony "Shake" Shakir and Earth-helps define "piston-pumping." In contrast, there are selections both subtle and supple-including Stasis, Disjecta and Bola-to match the serene glide of those luxury sedan ads. Disc one focuses on abstract hip-hop and ominous ticking laptops (Gescom, Kool Keith), while disc two features more ricocheting percussive explorations (Baby Ford, Hecker). Highlights include Push Button Objects's Asian-flecked flitter and BFC's post-FSOL flutter. As should be expected of Autechre influences and contemporaries, tracks are as methodical as they are mesmerizing.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player