Various All Tomorrows Parties 3.02
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Touch & Go
If Car & Driver magazine were to commission a compilation of electronic compositions, they would need to look no further than this comp to know the work's already done. Primarily comprising exclusive material curated by post-electro reconstructuralists Autechre, much of ATP 3.02-including tracks by Public Enemy, Anthony "Shake" Shakir and Earth-helps define "piston-pumping." In contrast, there are selections both subtle and supple-including Stasis, Disjecta and Bola-to match the serene glide of those luxury sedan ads. Disc one focuses on abstract hip-hop and ominous ticking laptops (Gescom, Kool Keith), while disc two features more ricocheting percussive explorations (Baby Ford, Hecker). Highlights include Push Button Objects's Asian-flecked flitter and BFC's post-FSOL flutter. As should be expected of Autechre influences and contemporaries, tracks are as methodical as they are mesmerizing.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player