Various Always Trying
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Logistic
While we all know that techno has never enjoyed the same kind of success in the US as it does in the rest of the world, it's a good thing there are enough labels out there willing to support the genre. France's Logistic Records, which has released a slew of minimal techno tracks in the last seven years, is celebrating its anniversary with the release of Always Trying, compiling and remastering what it considers to be its greatest tracks. Featuring several Detroit artists, including Octave One (with his relentlessly funky Working Night" mix), Robert Hood, Claude Young and Aril Brikha, as well as percussive-heavy tracks by Technasia, John Thomas and Fumiya Tanaka (but no Dan Bell?), Logistic is certainly puttin' in work. Let's hope they keep on trying.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player