Various Always Trying
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Logistic
While we all know that techno has never enjoyed the same kind of success in the US as it does in the rest of the world, it's a good thing there are enough labels out there willing to support the genre. France's Logistic Records, which has released a slew of minimal techno tracks in the last seven years, is celebrating its anniversary with the release of Always Trying, compiling and remastering what it considers to be its greatest tracks. Featuring several Detroit artists, including Octave One (with his relentlessly funky Working Night" mix), Robert Hood, Claude Young and Aril Brikha, as well as percussive-heavy tracks by Technasia, John Thomas and Fumiya Tanaka (but no Dan Bell?), Logistic is certainly puttin' in work. Let's hope they keep on trying.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player