Various Anthology Of Noise and Electronic Music: 1936-2003
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Sub Rosa
Guy-Marc Hinant has serious balls to throw a Captain Beefheart spoken word track in among a score of pioneering musique concrete, feedback and drone composers in his latest "a-chronology" for Sub Rosa. Here, 30- to 50-year-old compositions by wildmen like Luc Ferrari, Morton Subotnick, Vladimir Ussachevsky and Otto Luening make featured new jacks Autechre and Scanner sound awfully ascetic. Other highlights: Daphne Oram's lucid harmonics, David Lynch prot?g? Alan R. Splet's Eraserhead-style refrigerator drones, and Laibach's factory tour of communist Yugoslavia. This comp will have you shaking hands with a few greats who were otherwise lost in the crowd's rush to kiss the feet of Cage and Stockhausen.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player