Various Anthology Of Noise and Electronic Music: 1936-2003
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Sub Rosa
Guy-Marc Hinant has serious balls to throw a Captain Beefheart spoken word track in among a score of pioneering musique concrete, feedback and drone composers in his latest "a-chronology" for Sub Rosa. Here, 30- to 50-year-old compositions by wildmen like Luc Ferrari, Morton Subotnick, Vladimir Ussachevsky and Otto Luening make featured new jacks Autechre and Scanner sound awfully ascetic. Other highlights: Daphne Oram's lucid harmonics, David Lynch prot?g? Alan R. Splet's Eraserhead-style refrigerator drones, and Laibach's factory tour of communist Yugoslavia. This comp will have you shaking hands with a few greats who were otherwise lost in the crowd's rush to kiss the feet of Cage and Stockhausen.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player