- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Blunted Funk
Is Brooklyn in the house? This new label run by borough boys Scottie B and Sneak-E Pete brings its second multi-artist EP full of funky explorations. Moody Eva's minimalist "6 Minute Man" flips a bit of the Clash's "Rock the Casbah" until it sounds like it's being played by Liquid Liquid, while The Shift's "Soulville" rolls live guitar over a breakbeat house skeleton, to middling effect. On the flip, saxophonist Mike DeVellis recalls early-'90s live acid jazz on his uptempo "Post Boogie," and Miss Bliss and Sneak-E Pete close up with their decently written "Electrofunk." Solid, though not exactly groundbreaking.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player