Various Bip-Hop Generation: Vol. 8
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Bip-Hop
Eight volumes into its Generation series and Bip-Hop still manages to find international artists mining the glitch. Most perform fine excursions in ambient drones, fractal-funk rhythms, and post-Fennesz guitar treatments. TU M'"s "Under the Sea" brilliantly illustrates a rising sun, heard in their shimmering guitar echoes and distant trumpet calls. Murcof's "Constelacion" delivers a better planetarium-show soundtrack than the usual Pink Floyd schlock, while Tennis' "Open Sesame" is a gospel hymn sung by a robot. Keep the faith, Bip-Hop.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player