Various Bip-Hop Generation: Vol. 8
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Bip-Hop
Eight volumes into its Generation series and Bip-Hop still manages to find international artists mining the glitch. Most perform fine excursions in ambient drones, fractal-funk rhythms, and post-Fennesz guitar treatments. TU M'"s "Under the Sea" brilliantly illustrates a rising sun, heard in their shimmering guitar echoes and distant trumpet calls. Murcof's "Constelacion" delivers a better planetarium-show soundtrack than the usual Pink Floyd schlock, while Tennis' "Open Sesame" is a gospel hymn sung by a robot. Keep the faith, Bip-Hop.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player