Various Body Language VI: Junior Boys
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Get Physical
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Junior Boys’ own music is so layered with nostalgia and longing that it’s fair to presume that they understand the emotive power of the mixtape: the C90 (and, subsequently, CD-R80) as not only an expression of aesthetics but also as a document of a time and place or a declaration of love or friendship. That they close their contribution to the Body Language series with the overt romanticism of Bill Nelson’s “When Your Dream of Perfect Beauty Comes True” might be taken as such an indication. In that context, tracks like Rework’s “Love Love Love Yeah (Chloe Remix)” and Chloe’s own “Be Kind to Me” sound deliciously, gloriously creepy. Nice, with a little more grit than you might expect.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player