Various Body & Soul NYC Vol. 5
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Wave
New York house heads of the past few years remember the joys of Sunday afternoons at the years-long Body & Soul weekly. That gig is gone but not forgotten (while other B&S parties endure), as such excellent compilations keep on coming. Compiled and mixed by Francois K., Joe Claussell, and Danny Krivit, the disc opens with tribal drums and finds its groove early on, with a funky Hammond B3 on "Esteban," powerful, seductive vocals from Ursula Rucker on "The Light," and Danny Krivit's extended edit of the classic "Strings of Life." Wipe away a little tear for the B&S weeklies, if you must, but breathe a sigh of relief that the sound is forever.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player