Various Body & Soul NYC Vol. 5
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Wave
New York house heads of the past few years remember the joys of Sunday afternoons at the years-long Body & Soul weekly. That gig is gone but not forgotten (while other B&S parties endure), as such excellent compilations keep on coming. Compiled and mixed by Francois K., Joe Claussell, and Danny Krivit, the disc opens with tribal drums and finds its groove early on, with a funky Hammond B3 on "Esteban," powerful, seductive vocals from Ursula Rucker on "The Light," and Danny Krivit's extended edit of the classic "Strings of Life." Wipe away a little tear for the B&S weeklies, if you must, but breathe a sigh of relief that the sound is forever.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player