Various Buzzin Fly: 5 Golden Years in the Wilderness
What, exactly, is the “wilderness” to which U.K. house label Buzzin’ Fly refers in the title of this new anniversary compilation? The wilderness of wild success in a shrinking milieu? No matter. Over two “retrospective” CDs, Wilderness proves that Buzzin’ Fly has managed to churn out some of the finest club-house (Justin Martin’s breezy “Sad Piano”) and gastro-pub soundtracks (Jimpster’s downtempo masterpiece “Square Up”) of the 21st century. The third CD is a look at things to come–essentially Discs One and Two combined into a kind of über-house exemplified by Stimming’s Mozart-meets-Villalobos “Kleine Nachtmusik.” It’s evidence that Buzzin’ Fly’s mission of pushing dance music will continue to bear fruit for half-decades to come.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player