Various Buzzin Fly: 5 Golden Years in the Wilderness
What, exactly, is the “wilderness” to which U.K. house label Buzzin’ Fly refers in the title of this new anniversary compilation? The wilderness of wild success in a shrinking milieu? No matter. Over two “retrospective” CDs, Wilderness proves that Buzzin’ Fly has managed to churn out some of the finest club-house (Justin Martin’s breezy “Sad Piano”) and gastro-pub soundtracks (Jimpster’s downtempo masterpiece “Square Up”) of the 21st century. The third CD is a look at things to come–essentially Discs One and Two combined into a kind of über-house exemplified by Stimming’s Mozart-meets-Villalobos “Kleine Nachtmusik.” It’s evidence that Buzzin’ Fly’s mission of pushing dance music will continue to bear fruit for half-decades to come.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
XLR8R Downloads Player