Various Buzzin Fly: 5 Golden Years in the Wilderness
What, exactly, is the “wilderness” to which U.K. house label Buzzin’ Fly refers in the title of this new anniversary compilation? The wilderness of wild success in a shrinking milieu? No matter. Over two “retrospective” CDs, Wilderness proves that Buzzin’ Fly has managed to churn out some of the finest club-house (Justin Martin’s breezy “Sad Piano”) and gastro-pub soundtracks (Jimpster’s downtempo masterpiece “Square Up”) of the 21st century. The third CD is a look at things to come–essentially Discs One and Two combined into a kind of über-house exemplified by Stimming’s Mozart-meets-Villalobos “Kleine Nachtmusik.” It’s evidence that Buzzin’ Fly’s mission of pushing dance music will continue to bear fruit for half-decades to come.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player