Various Circulation: Colors 2
- Words: Paul Sullivan
- Label: Circulation
In the three years that separate the first edition of Colors from this sequel, tech-house dons Circulation seem to have honed their sound into an even more breathy and streamlined affair. Merging their stripped-down, quietly muscular techno with a meandering, druggy ambience, the duo of Paul Davis and Matt Jackson have created a document that veers between '80s nostalgia, Jarre-esque journeys and edgy escapism. At times, intricate Detroit techno is taken to quietly sublime levels via a forceful primordial pump, but there's plenty of standard (i.e. mediocre) dancefloor stuff here. With each track representing a different color, this is definitely one for the synaesthetics.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player