Various Crash Redevelopment
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Co.ad.Audi
Co.ad.audio is a new label cooked up by Brooklyn's own Datach'i and Unit plus cohorts. Crash Redevelopment represents the ultramodern sound of the borough's underground electronic contingent: dizzyingly artificial sound templates, wire-guided beats that twist around curves and fold themselves over with ease, and catchy melodies struggling for daylight in and among the noise. Unit melds expansive pads with percussive rattles for a contemplative-yet-mischevious feel; wingman Datach'i comes with drum patterns that would make Squarepusher's head snap. Newcomer Velapene Screen closes out the comp in fine style with the midtempo ditty "Plastic Hamburger Hat."
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player