Various Crash Redevelopment
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Co.ad.Audi
Co.ad.audio is a new label cooked up by Brooklyn's own Datach'i and Unit plus cohorts. Crash Redevelopment represents the ultramodern sound of the borough's underground electronic contingent: dizzyingly artificial sound templates, wire-guided beats that twist around curves and fold themselves over with ease, and catchy melodies struggling for daylight in and among the noise. Unit melds expansive pads with percussive rattles for a contemplative-yet-mischevious feel; wingman Datach'i comes with drum patterns that would make Squarepusher's head snap. Newcomer Velapene Screen closes out the comp in fine style with the midtempo ditty "Plastic Hamburger Hat."
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player