Various Damian Lazarus and Matthew Styles: Get Lost
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Crosstown Rebels
Unlike other mixes for his Crosstown Rebels imprint, Get Lost finds label chief-cum-DJ Damian Lazarus (and his CR compadre Matthew Styles) gliding through multiple takes on smooth minimalism. Lazarus is known for fusing electro and rock influences into his house and tech-house mixes, but Get Lost hearkens back to the fleeting mid-‘90s rave daze. Ost & Kjex's "How not to be a Biscuit" pulses with the kind of throbbing, spongy bass you'd see girls worshiping speakers for, while Trickski's "Sunshine F**k/Part 1" strips a beat down to its most rhythmic essentials. Where my glowstick at?
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player