Various Dead Man’s Hand: Poker Flat Vol.6
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Pokerflat
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
From the gambling den of Steve Bug’s concept lab comes this year’s double-CD compilation dealt from the label’s best hands. The first disc is selected by Bug himself, displaying Pokerflat’s new step towards the deeper side of techno and house. Delivering a bit of disco glam with Bug and Cle’s “Behind the Curtains,” his live bass cuts and clever hits sooth what ails you. Sebo K remixes Martin Landsky’s “Let Me Dance” into a quirky, downright thumpin’ groove that only he can create. Disc Two is a mix from Cle (one half of the Martini Bros), compiling 13 future and past Pokerflat tracks into a seamless impression of late-night splendor.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player