Various Dead Man’s Hand: Poker Flat Vol.6
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Pokerflat
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
From the gambling den of Steve Bug’s concept lab comes this year’s double-CD compilation dealt from the label’s best hands. The first disc is selected by Bug himself, displaying Pokerflat’s new step towards the deeper side of techno and house. Delivering a bit of disco glam with Bug and Cle’s “Behind the Curtains,” his live bass cuts and clever hits sooth what ails you. Sebo K remixes Martin Landsky’s “Let Me Dance” into a quirky, downright thumpin’ groove that only he can create. Disc Two is a mix from Cle (one half of the Martini Bros), compiling 13 future and past Pokerflat tracks into a seamless impression of late-night splendor.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player