Various Decks and the City Vol. 2: Chicago/DIZ
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Take
From deep and dubby to jacked and jerky, Chicago's native son Diz stays true to his roots on this tight mix. After a somewhat forgettable start, with cuts from Sysco and David Duriez that otherwise might be standouts on a lesser compilation, Diz hits his stride on his own collaboration with Iz, "Love It, Dub it." When Mark Farina announces that it's "Time to Jack," you know the goods are on their way, and the ensuing funk builds to a fitting finale with Joshua's bleeping, tracky masterpiece "Hustlin." If the crew is as strong as Diz's, no harm representin'.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player