Various Dessous’ Best Kept Secrets
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Dessous
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
House label Dessous bills itself as sexed-out, tousle-haired, and bedroom-eyed, and this double-disc compilation just furthers that aesthetic. The first disc is compiled by the ubiquitous Steve Bug, and the second (better) disc is mixed by the now Berlin-based Vincenzo. The cuts here–from better-known names like Phonique, as well as newbies like Ryo Murakami, go deep, with grooves that build slowly. The label’s strong identity means listeners know what to expect–both a blessing and a curse, as the consistent quality is counterbalanced by the lack of surprise.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player