Various Dessous’ Best Kept Secrets
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Dessous
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
House label Dessous bills itself as sexed-out, tousle-haired, and bedroom-eyed, and this double-disc compilation just furthers that aesthetic. The first disc is compiled by the ubiquitous Steve Bug, and the second (better) disc is mixed by the now Berlin-based Vincenzo. The cuts here–from better-known names like Phonique, as well as newbies like Ryo Murakami, go deep, with grooves that build slowly. The label’s strong identity means listeners know what to expect–both a blessing and a curse, as the consistent quality is counterbalanced by the lack of surprise.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player