- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Dis-Join
Your friendly neighborhood Groove Merchants Cool Chris and Vinnie Esparza come correct with this stellar comp. Given the depth of Chris and Vinnie's crates, this could have easily been an obscure record wank-a-thon. And while the cuts are pretty rare for the most part, the emphasis here is on a variety of quality dancefloor music, from Dub Diablo's sublime cut 'n' paste ode "The Shape Up" to Zap Pow's "Lottery Spin," a dubbed-out cover of Kool & The Gang's "N.T." There's a song for just about every dancefloor mood to be found here, making it as versatile as it is fun to listen to. Dis-jointed is a well-executed comp, light on pomp and circumstance, heavy on quality.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player