Various Dubplates From the Lamp 2
- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Pork
Every now and then a dose of easy-listening Novocaine is just what the doctor ordered for your partied-up, punked-out little tush. Pork delivers the medicine as only seasoned chiller-outers could, with heaps of sunny vitamins and organic remedies selected from the label's demo test kitchen, Yorkshire's Lamp Bar. We're talking trademarks-gooey atmospherics, exotic charm and vespertine intrigue abound. "Banabila's Vloeivoiz" stands out at the end of the disc with smooth horn work over curious downbeat textures. If your day-after ass is looking for some new no-nonsense hi-fi healin', Dubplates is what's for dinner.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player