- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: 12k
Taylor Dupree's minimal electronic imprint 12k is late to the guitars 'n' DSP game, but the artists here gamely make up for lost time. As with all 12k releases, microcosmic subtlety and brainy design reign. Japanese duo Fonica forges chime-bient Frippertronic vistas of delicate beauty; Keith Fullerton Whitman (Hrvatski) unveils some tricks he learned from 20th century masters like Mimaroglu, Subotnick and Dockstader, with equilibrium-disturbing results; Frenchman S?bastien Roux creates spindly, meditative ?tudes that sound like Oval jamming with Loren Connors; and San Francisco's Christopher Willits envisions how indie rock should sound now, with tonally vibrant, whimsically tuneful songs that resonate emotionally and mesmerize like Steve Reich.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player