Various Eskimo Volume V: The Glimmers
- Words: Ross Holland
- Label: Eskimo
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
You’d be hard pressed to find a DJ duo with as keen a sense of the leftfield as Belgium’s The Glimmers. With acclaimed mixes for the major players (Fabric, DJ-Kicks) checked off the list, Mo and Benoelie’s latest adventure finds them back at homebase with a 19-track contribution to Eskimo’s burgeoning mix series. The Glimmers have an ear for great drums, and while this may be most apparent in their trademark love for percussive, low-BPM disco, and funk (Mac Attack, Pop Dell’Arte), it’s also found here in genres as diverse as ’80s French pop, German gypsy rock, and L.A. electro. From soulful chanteuses to tweeked-out acid synths, Eskimo Volume V is a mix that’s dazzlingly unique.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player