Various Fabric 29: Tiefschwarz
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Fabric
Stuttgart's infamous tech-house brethren Tiefschwarz reinforce Fabric's mix series with a 14-track selection that's as filthy as they come. Firing it up with Louderbach's "Grace," the pressure builds up through some choice gritty numbers from Claude VonStroke, Night On Earth, GummiHz, and their own remix of Depeche Mode's "John the Revelator" before a superbly downshifted exit through Roman Flugel's reworking of Kate Wax's "Beetles and Spiders." It's not like their seamless mixing talent needs to be emphasized here, so suffice it to say all that's missing from the Fabric 29 experience is an oxygen-depleted dancefloor and some overpriced drinks.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player