Various FabricLive 29: Cut Copy
- Words: James Jung
- Label: Fabric
The DJ-mix CD is tough to pull off. In an effort to capture marathon club sets within 75 destined-for-home-stereo minutes, many of today's best mixmasters get stuck, uninspired, in no man‘s land. Not so Australian rockers Cut Copy. With ears for melody, finely tuned to the dancefloor, the trio purveys an infectious party vibe while deftly genre-skipping behind the decks: sun-kissed keys cascade into punky reverb and steely guitar rock power-slides into filtered French house. But despite boasting an array of styles, FabricLive 29 never feels campy, forced, or anything else short of just plain fun.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player