Various FabricLive 29: Cut Copy
- Words: James Jung
- Label: Fabric
The DJ-mix CD is tough to pull off. In an effort to capture marathon club sets within 75 destined-for-home-stereo minutes, many of today's best mixmasters get stuck, uninspired, in no man‘s land. Not so Australian rockers Cut Copy. With ears for melody, finely tuned to the dancefloor, the trio purveys an infectious party vibe while deftly genre-skipping behind the decks: sun-kissed keys cascade into punky reverb and steely guitar rock power-slides into filtered French house. But despite boasting an array of styles, FabricLive 29 never feels campy, forced, or anything else short of just plain fun.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player