Various FabricLive 35: Marcus Intalex
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
In interviews, Marcus Intalex is prone to apologies. Long ago he dashed into someone's DJ booth, switched off the music because "he didn't like it," and began spinning his own, apologizing all the way. Blame it on New Order, who propelled Intalex into dance music, whereupon he established his Soul:r label and Soul:ution nights and became known for, um, soulful drum & bass. Fast-forward to FabricLive 35, where Intalex gets emotional with melodious mix opener Calibre ft. Lariman's "Over Reaction." It's not unusual for saxophones or xylophones to skitter amid the rhythms, or a dubwise vocalist to warble during the breakdowns. In fact, Amaning vs. Dubwise place strings and piano in a nearly New Age run prior to banging the beats. Lynx and Kemo go low with sub-bass and chilled keyboards, while Alix Perez and Sabre's frisky vocal soul round out the set. Nineteen heartfelt tracks-no apologies.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player