Various FabricLive 38: Craze
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Time magazine crowned Craze America’s best DJ in 2001, and you can make a case that he’s the best in the world, particularly in turntablism. Just check his three wins at the DMC World Championships. But he can spin a banging club set, too, laced with turntablism’s voracious appetite for beats, no matter from where. For this latest entry in the long-running FabricLive series, that means tracks leaping from hip-hop to electro to ghettotech and more. The Miami Vice theme? Check. Chromeo? Yup. Earth, Wind & Fire? Sure. But Craze makes it all work, so sharply mixed you barely notice just how good he really is–and he’s very, very good.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player