Various FabricLive 38: Craze
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Time magazine crowned Craze America’s best DJ in 2001, and you can make a case that he’s the best in the world, particularly in turntablism. Just check his three wins at the DMC World Championships. But he can spin a banging club set, too, laced with turntablism’s voracious appetite for beats, no matter from where. For this latest entry in the long-running FabricLive series, that means tracks leaping from hip-hop to electro to ghettotech and more. The Miami Vice theme? Check. Chromeo? Yup. Earth, Wind & Fire? Sure. But Craze makes it all work, so sharply mixed you barely notice just how good he really is–and he’s very, very good.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player