Various FabricLive 38: Craze
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Fabric
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Time magazine crowned Craze America’s best DJ in 2001, and you can make a case that he’s the best in the world, particularly in turntablism. Just check his three wins at the DMC World Championships. But he can spin a banging club set, too, laced with turntablism’s voracious appetite for beats, no matter from where. For this latest entry in the long-running FabricLive series, that means tracks leaping from hip-hop to electro to ghettotech and more. The Miami Vice theme? Check. Chromeo? Yup. Earth, Wind & Fire? Sure. But Craze makes it all work, so sharply mixed you barely notice just how good he really is–and he’s very, very good.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player