Various The Future Is My Melody
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Elektrolux-Milan
German label Elektrolux churns out a healthy amount of mellow ambient-influenced chill-out and lounge music for the R&R set, most notably the Space Night late-night TV program and its corresponding audio soundtrack. The Future Is My Melody is the debut installment of a new series, intent on showcasing the label's dreamy, vocal-oriented pop tunes. The album is definitely intent on creating atmosphere, highlighted by the silky sparse ambiance of "Silur X Zeit" by Rescape, the luxurious vocals of Julia Messenger on PFL's "For The Love Of You" and Jean F. Cochois's tripped-out "Days, Weeks and Years." There are enough moments of heady bliss here to wipe away any doubts you might have about chillout pop tunes.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player