Various The Future Is My Melody
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Elektrolux-Milan
German label Elektrolux churns out a healthy amount of mellow ambient-influenced chill-out and lounge music for the R&R set, most notably the Space Night late-night TV program and its corresponding audio soundtrack. The Future Is My Melody is the debut installment of a new series, intent on showcasing the label's dreamy, vocal-oriented pop tunes. The album is definitely intent on creating atmosphere, highlighted by the silky sparse ambiance of "Silur X Zeit" by Rescape, the luxurious vocals of Julia Messenger on PFL's "For The Love Of You" and Jean F. Cochois's tripped-out "Days, Weeks and Years." There are enough moments of heady bliss here to wipe away any doubts you might have about chillout pop tunes.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player