Various The Future Is My Melody
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Elektrolux-Milan
German label Elektrolux churns out a healthy amount of mellow ambient-influenced chill-out and lounge music for the R&R set, most notably the Space Night late-night TV program and its corresponding audio soundtrack. The Future Is My Melody is the debut installment of a new series, intent on showcasing the label's dreamy, vocal-oriented pop tunes. The album is definitely intent on creating atmosphere, highlighted by the silky sparse ambiance of "Silur X Zeit" by Rescape, the luxurious vocals of Julia Messenger on PFL's "For The Love Of You" and Jean F. Cochois's tripped-out "Days, Weeks and Years." There are enough moments of heady bliss here to wipe away any doubts you might have about chillout pop tunes.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player