Various Futuristic Experiments #6
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Background
Like Kompakt's Total series, Background's Futuristic Experiments installments always pair svelte microhouse with a healthy amount of playful experimentation. The 11 artists featured here, among them Ben Nevile, B., Si-Cut.Db and label proprietor Andy Vaz, make for the series' finest hour yet. Akufen's "Red Skies" eschews his trademark cut-ups for a sub-aquatic French shuffle-house workout. Sutekh's stuttering "Keep Away" is paradoxically inviting, and Portable's "A Loop of Mass & Energy" loses the beat in favor of sub-bass ambient dub. Excellent.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player