Various Futuristic Experiments #6
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Background
Like Kompakt's Total series, Background's Futuristic Experiments installments always pair svelte microhouse with a healthy amount of playful experimentation. The 11 artists featured here, among them Ben Nevile, B., Si-Cut.Db and label proprietor Andy Vaz, make for the series' finest hour yet. Akufen's "Red Skies" eschews his trademark cut-ups for a sub-aquatic French shuffle-house workout. Sutekh's stuttering "Keep Away" is paradoxically inviting, and Portable's "A Loop of Mass & Energy" loses the beat in favor of sub-bass ambient dub. Excellent.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player