Various Ikebana: Merzbow's Amlux Rebuilt
- Words: Jon Weldon
- Label: Important
Not exactly a remix album-how does one remix noise?-but a service provided by Merzbow, offering his Amlux album to a wide range of noise tinkerers to have their way with. Slutty, isn't it? Mostly, the artists hold true to form while the thread of noise holds the disparate collection together. As Plug, Luke Vibert uses the dull noise-scalpel to mash Amens; Negativland creates sarcastic dystopic space with the static; and Mouse on Mars uses searing noise to rot guitars. Indeed, selling his noise-soul works wonderfully-across the board, Merzbow adds depth and breadth to the works.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player